Long-distance relationships can definitely be hard to manage at times. The frustration caused by not seeing your loved one is often one of the biggest long-distance relationship problems. It often can cause certain doubts about whether they actually like you or perhaps there is someone else that has been keeping them company while you are miles away. Although it hasn’t been proven that long-distance couples cheat more than others, it still happens quite often as it is way easier to cheat on your lover while you are far away. If something feels off about your partner lately, don’t ignore your gut feeling. A user who has been in two long-distance relationships came up with the main signs she is cheating in a long distance relationship.
I was cheated on in one out of my two long-distance relationships. I knew something was not right after she started to be busier than usual even though she was unemployed at the moment. After ignoring it for some time thinking she might just need some space, eventually, I gave up and asked her straight up about it. Besides being busy most of the time, she never cared to ask me how I was doing anymore, wasn’t proud of my accomplishments, and generally was not there for me while she was everything to me. I felt like I was talking to a wall… At least she was honest with me when I asked her whether there was someone else. She admitted to dating a man from her town for the past couple of weeks. It was definitely a heartbreaking situation and I don’t wish that on anyone else, but here are all the alarming signs she has someone else:
Signs your girlfriend is cheating on you
Table of Contents
I am going to explain how to tell if someone is lying about cheating below and what are the signs your girlfriend is cheating on you in a long-distance relationship below:
She is always busy
Your girlfriend never seems to have free time to talk to you. Before she would spend hours chatting about how her day was, but lately you are lucky if she is available for a ten-minute quick phone call. Of course, try to think rationally, if she recently got promoted at her workplace, got a new project, or is having family issues, you should give her some slack. Although, if nothing else seems to be happening in her life that could make her suddenly too busy for you, then there is a good chance that someone has been keeping her occupied while you are away. Also, don’t ignore the signs she is cheating at work, if she claims to be working outside of office hours all the time, perhaps she found a love interest among her coworkers.
She has a history of cheating
If she has cheated in the past, there is always a possibility she will do it again. Regardless of how many times she says would never cheat on you. Watch out, once a cheater always a cheater.
Your relationship is not official
You have been dating for a rather long time but for some reason, her Facebook relationship status is still single ready to mingle. Of course, it is important to keep in mind that some people simply don’t want to share much information online. However, if she is very active on social media and made everything else public but your relationship, then you should be concerned. The same goes for real life, if her friends have no idea who you are, then, be positive she is either cheating on you already or is not serious about the relationship after all.
Other signs your girlfriend is cheating on you
You know your girlfriend more than anyone else does, including her behavior and personality. If you are wondering about how to tell if she has cheated, then read on. If suddenly her behavior has changed without any explanation, it is not a good sign. Some of the possible changes might be the following:
- She doesn’t say “I love you” anymore and doesn’t show much of affection
- Your partner is not available to talk on evenings or the weekends anymore
- She doesn’t talk about how her day was and has short replies when you ask her what she did that day
- Your girlfriend travels a lot with a particular friend or friends you had no idea even existed
- She started going out to parties and nightclubs more than usual
- You find out about her life more through social media than her personally
- She tells you things that simply don’t add up at the end
What to do
Asking her straight up is rarely a good idea. It worked for me because I knew what kind of person she is. My ex-girlfriend prefers admitting to her actions if asked and generally avoids getting defensive, so she spilled the truth. However, it will not work for every couple.You can do your research and gather all the possible evidence to argue the facts.
- She is on the online dating sites. Well, this one is very obvious. Why would one need a dating site while being already in a relationship? List of most popular dating sites!
- Your partner has extra emails and phones for no particular reason. This is another warning sign that she might be cheating on you, especially if she never brought it up to you.
- She has a bunch of other social media accounts that you aren’t a part of. You love twitter and she knows it and recently you find out that apparently, she does as well. Her account is private and she never talked to you about it. Sounds suspicious, isn’t it?
These are the signs she is cheating in a long-distance relationship. It is up to you whether you want to try and make it work or move on. From personal experience, it is extremely hard to trust someone again after they secretly cheat on you, but, of course, everyone is different. I hope whatever decision you make, will be a good one. Goodluck!